Oil and Gas companies are also energy companies.
- BP is one of the world’s largest producers of photovoltaic solar cells.
- Chevron is the world’s largest developer of geothermal energy.
- The oil and gas industry is the largest producer and user of hydrogen.
- XOM, BP, CVX, Shell, and COP are key players in government/industry hydrogen fuel and vehicle partnerships such as the DOE FreedomCar and Fuel Partnership and the Califorina Fuel Cell Partnership.
- Shell is one of the top players in the global wind industry.
The companies are involved in: